Kanei-ji Kiyomizu Kannon-Do Information, Map and Access

Shrines and temples

The thousand-handed sage statues of the Honson have been transmitted with the Buddha of Tairano Morihisa, and from the tradition of saving their lives, they are gathering their faith as Kannon-sama abode.

About Kanei-ji Kiyomizu-Do

It was erected in 1631 by the opening of the Tendai-syu Toeizan Kanei-ji Temple, Zigen-Daishi Tenkai-Daizosho (1536 to 1643).

Tenkai-Daiosho opened “Toeizan Kanei-ji” in the Ueno mountain, following the relationship between Heiankyo and Hieizan. In addition, one of the temples in Kyoto was built one after another, but the Kiyomizu Kannon-do is a hall that looked up at Kiyomizu-dera Temple in Kyoto.

There are 40 small hands in addition to the hands that combine the hand with the hand and seal mark in the secret Buddha main shrine, and each small hand is a hand of mercy for all living things of all the worlds considered in Buddhism. It represents the appearance of the world.

Map and Access

Basic Information

Spot nameKanei-ji Kiyomizu Kannon-Do

1-29 Ueno Park, Taito-ku, Tokyo

Nearest stationKeisei Ueno Station
Ueno Station
Ueno Hirokoji Station
Business hoursVisiting time: 7:00 to 17:00
Reception hours (weekdays) 7:00-17:00

※ About facility information, there may be information that is not necessarily accurate on our site due to changes over time.

Official Site